Friday, April 19, 2013

SHABBOS

I love Shabbos. I love the family time, I love the quiet, I love the...well, everything.

This week I love Shabbos even more.

 This week I have to stop refreshing the page on every news site, stop listening to the radio, and just wait for news to unfold.

This week, I get to go back in time, I get to go back to a time before a 24 hour news cycle, where every media outlet has to report every piece of information, real or imagined in what is considered real time. I get to wait  more than 24 hours and get a full reporting of accurate information, and not have to deal with the dribs and drabs, repetition and breathless announcements of nothing.

I will enjoy my Shabbos because it is Shabbos, and I always do, but I will appreciate Shabbos this week more than I usually do.

No comments: