Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog B'Omer: This is the Thirty Second Post

For the first time in probably ten or twelve years, I am no longer "omering" with a bracha.  This makes me sad, because it was something I found very easy to do, but this year I got away from my own personal rules.

I use to be very careful, and the  minute I thought about needing to Omer, no matter what I was doing I would stop, make the bracha and count the sefira. Even in the middle of a conversation, so much so, I told this to one of my nephews and he called me a few times just to talk and in the middle yell"Omer" so I would stop and do it.

I also, in sort of obsessive way would say it a number of times during the day.

Somehow I got away from that, and here I am blogging instead of counting.

I will still have cheesecake, but hopefully go back to full counting with a bracha, iyh next year.

No comments: