Sunday, April 28, 2013

Blog B'Omer: This is the First Post

My daughter is spending the year-post high school in school in Israel. With Lag B'omer falling out on a Sunday, she spent Shabbos in Tzefat, and went to Meron after Shabbos.

As of yet, I have not heard any details, but I was nervous. She doesn't understand my nervousness, even though her phone died and I was unable to reach her for a long time. Aside from my not enjoying crowds, I understand why I was nervous.

I believe, from reading about it, and various eyewitness accounts I have heard over the years, that what goes on in Meron is probably best described as: Institutionalized Hefkerus.

That's just not my bag.

1 comment:

related said...

what an opportunity to be im Meron on Lag Bomer she knows where she is at all times, she is not afraid of crowds or whe would not have gone, she is responsible and has a buddy system in place you cannot appreciate it if you do not even have the name correct Blog Bopmer indeed!! worrying changes nothing except putting extra concern for the party who will see much, think much and have a lifetime memory even if had been incorrectly become associated with a religious experience .so enjoy for her and then you will enjoy as wee. if she wanted to call all her friends have phones related