Monday, April 29, 2013

Blog B'Omer: This is the Thirtieth Post

Submitted by:  Doobie



So for those that don't already know... I have been diagnosed with an ear infection.  Yes  I know I am no longer a toddler and it is definitely less common in adults, though not as uncommon as you might think considering how many people I spoke to tonight mentioned it.

There are two things i have learned from this unfortunate situation, well maybe more but we don't have time for that now.

The most obvious thing is how we so easily take for granted all the things in our wondrous bodies that have so much potential to disfunction and how rarely they actually do. But once something bothers you it's amazing how you learn to appreciate what we do have.  I once had a dentist tell me "you are not supposed to feel your teeth! if you are aware of them something is wrong!"  Turns out this is true for many of our systems that are always doing their jobs and we can so easily take that for granted!!!

The other thing I have learned, since my ears are filled with fluid and I feel as if there is something stuffed in there so i am hearing everything as if it is through water.

WE PLAY MUSIC WAY TOO LOUD AT WEDDINGS




Didn't really need an ear infection to tell me that :)

1 comment:

firstpob_moo said...

Hope you're feeling better Doobie!