Friday, January 28, 2011

I Love Candy

Not as much as some other people, and it is not AS difficult for me to avoid candy when I'm being careful (read: dieting seriously), BUT...

I just came back from the candy store. The first thing that hits you when you walk in, is the smell. That deep chocolate scent mixed with sugar and a little spice, it just makes you breathe in really deeply. This isn't the big airy corporate candy store. This is a small cramped owner- operated candy store. It may not have as much selection as the big airy corporate candy store, but when the proprietor talks to you, you just want to eat everything in the store. You just want to live in a world of candy.

Of course when I was growing up candy meant sweet confections, somehow that just doesn't cut it anymore. More sour the better!! Sour candy should be an oxymoron, candy should be sweet, but if you mention this to a kid they're just going to think YOU are a moron.

Right now, I just want to eat more of the yogurt bells I got, I had never seen them before, and they are not dairy, they're just a really good tasting gumdrop with the hint of a dairy taste. I would also like the jolly rancher sour chews, but alas, I shall not partake of these luscious confections.

I am dreaming of that chocolaty smell, I have visions of marzipan dancing in my head.

1 comment:

Doobie said...

i was so ok until you came to the marzipan part. now I am just imagining the yummy chocolate marzipan smell you get when walking into these places! Yum