Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Got A Puppy

OK, not really. I just don't know what else to think.

When I woke up this morning, seven year old came over to me and said "I got the best sleep ever." Now, you need to understand that going to bed, and going to sleep has been a bit of a struggle here with that particular child (actually with a few of them). Last night I washed my hand of the whole thing (it's complicated, but there's a method at play, and I think it's starting to work), and noticed that though she was in her room at around 8 pm, (too late for sure), she was still up at 9 pm (too late, most definitely). You can understand why a statement like "I got the best sleep," was music to my ears.

Then she continued:

"I slept in the laundry room."

Gulp. the 7' x 5' laundry room that has a washer and dryer and two, three section sorters, and just enough floor space apparently for one very small seven year old to bring her blanket and pillow and get the sleep of her life.



Le Sigh...

3 comments:

Doobie said...

maybe it was cozy there bk it was so small. ;)

7 year old's roomate, not in the laundry room said...

while this may be music to your ears, it is an insult to mine. The only reason she moved was because of her displeasure at sharing a room with me.

SLiM said...

I want to sleep there! By the way, I always wondered why in my many times in your house I had never seen your laundry room. You were preparing it for the historic "best snooze ever," due to take place in 2011, and you needed to make sure it wasn't trashed by a rowdy, unpredictable SLiM.