Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowflakes and Raindrops

We did indeed have a snow day today. Sort of. It was a snow day because it did snow enough to cancel school, but it started raining at about 10:30 or 11 am. Before that was the 6:30 phone call to announce the school closure, then the 7:15 call from my sister to update the flight info (delayed minimally), then the infusion of kids into my bed, and finally the realization that I hadn't heard from my cleaning woman and needed to get up. So at 7:45 I got up and opened the shade to a view of a beautiful snow covered world and a car that jumped the curb and came to a rest on my neighbor's lawn with the help of a well placed tree. Well that entertained the troops for about an hour. They were mesmerized by the (immobile) car, and then eventually the cop, and then finally the tow truck. I'm not sure if another car that was originally on the scene hit the guy who ended up parking up the wrong tree, or if tree man wasn't just blaming the guy. Either way, the unstuck car stuck around until the cop showed up.

After that was just the lazy day we had hoped for with the anticipation of the cousins' arrival. Once that happened it was time for lunch. We eschewed pasta for Pizza (the roads were slushy at this point and though not perfect, more than passable). Sledding was off the schedule because of the rain. I don't mind if they go out when it's snowing, but I wasn't willing to send them out in the rain. So we went to visit the Grandmother and did a little shoveling, noshing and shmoozing.

The rest of the day was uneventful and I messed myself up by writing the blog post yesterday. Because now I do feel bad that I was not productive. I'm hoping for a sort of do over. A one o two hour delay would be perfect. Not to be productive of course, but maybe I could sleep guilt free.......

Potentially.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I would prefer a car parked up on a lawn next to a small bare tree to sledding AND pizza any day. WE WANT DRAMA!!! WE WANT NOISE!! WE WANT ACTION!!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for voting.BTW,where are the questions? Ran out of ideas? Some ideas: (1)Do you enjoy chewing on a teething ring more or less than drinking pickle juice out of the jar? (2)Which do you prefer: Having your favorite bowl smashed or favorite book torn?

Anonymous said...

just reattached our mailbox which was smashed and knocked over -again- but some local whose driving is rife with DRAMA! ACTION! NOISE!

Anonymous said...

1.knock off the quilt about anything. all of yours and the cousins? If you just sat at the table with a cup of coffee that would be productive.
2.do most parents or teachers rise at 6:30 to get ready for school. Have heard from both sources this is not the most favored wake up call