Monday, December 8, 2008

A Little Lite Housekeeping

Some of you maybe wondering why our blog production seems to have slipped lately. Here are some thoughts.

Many people who heard that MBB and I had started a blog had the same reactions: Either

a)You must be bored
b)you must have a lot of time on your hands

In fact, that opposite appears to be true. The less time you have, the more time there is to blog. That seems counterintuitive, but as the horrid expression goes: "It is what it is." When you have no time, you think of something and you write it. There's no time to get wishy washy and worry whether it's worth writing.

As far as being bored? The more bored you are the less there is to write about. My very exciting day of cleaning up cheerios and changing diapers and playing with my baby and talking on the phone and doing errands and making dinner may be fine for me, but it doesn't make for very scintillating blog reading.

There's another element to this venture that cannot be discounted. The Rule Of Supply and Demand. We seem to be in a surplus right now, since the polls were not voted on, and the comments are few and far between. So, as all good businesses know, hold on to your supply and demand will increase.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's true. when I was in college, I used to save some good books for intersession but when intersession was over, I hadn't even cracked the covers. However, during the semester, I got most of my recreational reading done besides my course reading.