Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Change'll Do You Good

It's the season of reflection. A chance to look at our lives, see what we want to change, and embrace the opportunity. It's easy to get caught up in all the missed opportunities a change now would mean. First, in our minds it could help to diminish or detract from past experience if we slowly change the way we do things. Second, change is hard.

But neither is a good reason to resist. There are ALWAYS reasons to resist. The status quo is comfortable, the current way is easier, more fun, or just , at this point, a set pattern in our lives. But that's not good enough either. There comes a point in our lives when we just say ENOUGH. I need to stop talking about this and just do it. It's going to be hard, and my life will change, but hopefully for the better. It doesn't mean there won't be lapses and relapses, but just because something is difficult that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Sometimes it's just a matter of focus. If I go on a trip and I hate packing, I can't focus on the packing as a task in itself, but a means to an end. The packing facilitates the trip.

Man, I should gotten a blog a long time ago.

FBB

No comments: