Thursday, August 18, 2011

Staycation?

Who knew you could be on vacation at home?

Midwest sister is in town, which means the kids have slumber parties and play together all day. It means Sis and I hang out, do errands, swim and generally enjoy each other's company.

Now, she is away so things like meals and laundry can sort of be relegated to "vacation mode." I, on the other hand, am not away, but very much in my house. Apparently, pretending not to be, because laundry and meals and other small domestic responsibilities seem to have gone by the way side.

Either she's a bad influence, or this is just the best summer ever. I'm thinking the latter. We need to take the kids to the local park and get a good game of Sand Newcomb going.

I wish she could stay longer.

1 comment:

Doobie said...

Me too. I also wish she could stay longer!