Wednesday, August 10, 2011

He is Frummer Than I

In today's day and age everybody seems to be trying to be prove how much frummer he is than the next guy.

I went shopping today, as I often do, more often than I should probably, and I learned how true this is.

I did a medium size shopping, but wasn't in the mood to shlep the bags home, luckily, the store offers free delivery. I asked that they deliver my items, minus some chicken, flanken and cheese.

The non-Jewish Spanish guy was putting the items in the bag I would be carrying home with me, (as opposed to the box that would be delivered later), and I handed him the cheese "This can go in there too," I innocently instructed him.

In his broken English he informed "That's cheese-separate,separate."

I started to explain that everything was in packages, but he just shook his head and put the sun dried tomato and basil encrusted fresh mozzarella in its own bag.

Then he gave me a big smile.

No comments: