Thursday, August 4, 2011

Diagnosed

Some of you may recall a few weeks ago I was lamenting the state of my ankle.

Well, it hasn't gotten better, in fact, it has gotten worse. I finally went to the orthopedist today. It's not broken, but it was sprained, and my flat duck feet aren't doing it any favors in the promotion of healing department. I have custom orthotics, but they are over twenty years old, and apparently it's time for new ones.

Fiiine.

Appointment is set for Monday at the podiatrist for new arches. The sticky wicket now is the doctor wants me to go for physical therapy. Which means at least an hour twice a week. In the Summer!!! What a kick in the.....ankle! The first place I called set everything up then called back to say they need authorization, so, no, we don't want you (And this is BEFORE OBAMACARE!).

Now I gotta find a place and stick into my schedule of doing nothing, kayaking and swimming. When will I find the time? To add injury to injury I tripped over a new box of Oxiclean and the edge of the box stabbed me right in the particular spot that the ankle is tender.

Whatever.

3 comments:

fil said...

I seem to recall that you considered the doctor who prescribed the 20 year old orthotics a quack.

No matter. My orthotics are over 40 years old and they seem to be doing the job.

FBB said...

Not a quack, per se, but I'll do a compare and contrast when I get back on Monday!

brotherlawyer said...

try a brace, if for no other reason than to protect the spot from being a lightning rod for anything three inches off the ground