Sunday, November 28, 2010

Movin' Out

Normally the babies in this family are kind enough to sleep through the night either from a few days old all the way to as old as a month. By "sleep through the night," I mean seven hours or more.

This baby, who is just so incredibly delicious, had not gotten the memo. So, to make my life easier, and maintain the sleep patterns of his teen-aged roommate, he has been in my room since his birth at the very beginning of June.

Apparently, almost six months old is when he has realized the wonderful nature of uninterrupted sleep, and has been doing a nice stretch from 10pm until 5am, eating and going back to sleep until seven or eight.

So last night was the night. His crib was all set up by his very eager, aforementioned roommate, and in he went. He looked so tiny in that big huge crib, so vulnerable in smooshed into the corner with this wide expanse of mattress before him. I swaddled him really well, and put him in.

I think my mistake was that he was already asleep when he went in. So 2 o'clock in the morning, he woke up with a "Where the heck am I?" cry that continued for an hour. An hour of patting and cooing, and pacifier reinserting. The eager roommate groggily made her way to her sister's conveniently vacant bed, and eventually the boy fell back to sleep.

I hope he doesn't miss me as much as I miss him. It feels really weird that he's not in my room anymore, but really, I should have moved him months ago.

Hopefully we'll all get some sleep this week, and he will take to his new digs.

In the meantime, I think I need a nap.

3 comments:

related said...

don't know how to tell you but this is only the beginning of many "movin outs" B"H this is only to the room nest door. Nap well Related

Doobie said...

I hope it will continue to go well and that teenage roommate gets to actually sleep in her room sometime soon. ;)
Maybe this will help you be less tired.

kidnumberone said...

Well I'm glad my bed was so CONVENIENTLY empty...lets not talk about why exactly I wasn't in there (you get out of the bathroom NOW or you're sleeping in the basement!!!!) Hmmmm...