Friday, November 5, 2010

How You Take It

I am not one for attributing reasons for events. I think it's a slippery slope, and we cannot pretend to know the mind (k"y) of G-d. I also know, that many people look at Hashgacha Pratis stories and snicker, thinking, "Hey, I already know there's a G-d." Then there's the school of thought, "well why did the bad thing that was avoided have to happen at all, who caused that? The same Being, that allowed it to turn out well, that's who, so what's your point."

It's all related, and it's all about the message. Sometimes, it could just be G-d's way of reminding us that He is there, and we need to pay attention, or fix something, or pray better, and sometimes He just wants to show us how much He loves us. It's up to the person who hears the story, or has it happen to them to determine how it will affect their life. Because to just let it sit there, as nothing but a good story, that would be sad.

I learned a lot personally about the power of prayer, when I had my son. There is so much that we beseech G-d for, but we also try on our own. If we pray for good kids, or a good living, or a good mate, we also do things that will help accomplish this goal, and that can sometimes muddy the picture of how it comes from Above.

There was nothing I could do to have a boy, except pray. That was the only part that I could have a hand in. That was it. It became so clear that the power of prayer was all I had. I received this gift, and there was no way for me to point to something that I had done, and attribute even a part of it to my efforts. And truthfully, all things in this world are like that, we think we have a hand in it, and G-d did set up the world to run in a natural way,so we have to try, but this just opened my eyes to how much it's really all about Him.

For those of you who have been in this place for years I envy you. I've read in the past about the joy that comes from knowing that He rules and runs the world, but when you have a chance to see it and feel it? It's indescribable. There's knowing it, and there's KNOWING it.

So on that note....I know why my fridge broke.

The fridge I wanted to replace the fridge I had, now comes only with an ice maker and water dispenser(inside). I didn't feel I needed it, but if I was going to have a filter blocking up part of the fridge and the ice maker taking up space in the freezer, I might as well use them!

The best place to hook it up was through the wall to the Pesach kitchen(it came with the house)because the sink is on the exact same wall as the fridge. The plumber TOUCHED THE PIPE WITH HIS HAND, and it broke in half!

Can you say flood Erev Yom Tov?

1 comment:

Doobie said...

the refuah before the makah. lucky you now you ahve an icemaker and no flood on erev yom tov. G-d loves you (in case you didn;t know)