Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gas Station Sushi

The shopping has continued with varying success, but at least I have something to blog about.

In the mall last night we were walking between shoe stores and came upon a kiosk type structure divided into three parts. Each section had in it a large chair, the kind you would expect to see in a dental office, or other examination type room. The chair was stark white, reclined, had an attached foot stool, and above the chair, attached to a bar above each section was a light on a retractable arm hovering over the chair. The whole decor was very stark white giving off a very sterile vibe. This was a new innovation, the fifteen minute tooth whitening kiosk from the people at Nu Smile. In just 15 minutes you can have whiter teeth if you sit in the chair, and let the guy who last week ran the celebrity portrait kiosk, put a chemical in your mouth and shine a light on it.

So how does this work? You're walking in the mall with someone, and they say: "I could really go for a Starbucks right now." You reply: "I'm not in the mood, I think I'll have my teeth whitened instead."

I did not want to engage the "professional" long haired fellow running this booth, so I did not stop to find out how much this would actually cost, but I'm assuming a little more than a latte from an overpriced coffee vendor.

2 comments:

Brother lawyer said...

what will they think of next? appendix removal while you wait for your photos?

Come to think of it, that would be great, I could then open an office right next to it, and prepare wills.

fil said...

brother lawyer

... or lawsuits