Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Can't Wait For Next Year

Purim was really fun. The kids had a great time, their costumes looked great and they were just happy all day. Well, not so much the little one, but in the end I think she was OK. She didn't love being in the car for so long. At one point when we got to my friend's house we were all getting out of the car. She started shouting: "me, me" I guess she wanted to come in too! I noticed something cool about my kids. No matter how cumbersome the parts, they really keep their costumes on all day. I think that's pretty neat.


The party was great. My nephew who is a really talented kid, played his keyboard pretty much when anybody asked him to. So he did not have the opportunity to dance or even sit at the table (glug,glug) as long as he may have liked. Selfishly, it made things great for everyone else. My crazy brother (the attorney!!!)sang without his pants (not as crazy as it seems, trust me)and everyone danced, and ate and drank, and danced, and people dropped by, and danced more, and more people came, and more dancing, and then someone turned off the lights and everyone was singing slow songs while nephew played. Two signs it was Purim, or the end of the world, (you decide):

1. MBB sat on the floor and participated in this singing.

2. My father was lifted on to someone's shoulders and danced around for more than 10 seconds!

It was really great fun with the kids busy throwing poppers outside, and just great company Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Cousins - it's so nice to get together with family.

It was really loads of fun!

So two funny things happened. A few days before Purim I was talking to my Aunt (the one I share a Costco membership with, and we had just gotten our 2% cash back check/renewal notice), and at the end of the conversation I said:

"Hey, since no one is home anymore, I just wanted to remind you that your girls used to bring me all the Marzipan that you get, because no one in your house likes it."

To which she replied:

"I LOVE Marzipan!! I was wondering why no one ever sends it anymore!"

I brought her Marzipan on Purim. Lucky for me TWO people gave me Marzipan, both because they know how much I love it.

The second story is about my kids.

On Monday night, right around midnight, MBB and I went out on the deck, to light up a cigar (for me). My kids freaked out. They were screaming:

"You're going to die!!! Second hand smoke!!! Don't Mommy, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Then I lit it.

They watched me take one puff, and then another, and they said:

"Are you addicted?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY funny!!!
I also love marzipan but noone gives it anymore. My daughter got a bag last night from a friend of all the non cholov-yisroel dairy items that her family had received and I remembered that my friends used to give me all their marzipan because they didn't eat it.

Anonymous said...

FBB, i didn't know you SMOKE!!!!!but you have taught your children well that they are so afraid of smoking that they'd NEVER try it.