Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Minnesota Mini-Golf

In the previous post, FBB mentioned our mini-golf game at the Mall of America.

Let me provide some more detail.

As she mentioned, I won by about 10 strokes. (You can be sure that I wouldn't be blogging about it if I had lost).

At the outset, it appeared as though it could be a long afternoon for good ol' MBB. FBB broke out to an early lead, aided by a hole-in-one on the 3rd hole.

Meanwhile, I was playing okay, but was just missing on some of my longer putts. This didn't bother me too much, however, because it indicated to me that I was putting well, and had plenty of time to stage a comeback.

So, despite a couple of disappointing shots, my short game was clearly on. I was more-or-less sizing up the distance properly, and really reading the breaks in the green. As everyone in the mini-golf world knows, when MBB's short game is on, everyone else is playing for 2nd place.

Right about the 6th hole, I started to turn things around, draining some long ones. By the halfway point, I was slightly ahead. On the back nine, I put on a putting clinic, leaving FBB in my wake. In retrospect, I should've taped my performance on holes #11-17, then sold it as an instructional video on the Golf Channel. (Just three easy installments of $9.99, plus $4.50 for shipping and handling. While supplies last).

Overall, I was pleased by my performace. It wasn't as good as the time we played in Florida a few months ago, when I scorched the course so badly there was smoke coming out of the windmill on the 15th hole. Still, it was pretty good.

I'm looking forward to our next round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where do you get in your practices and training?