Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You Say Mojito I Say Potato

Last night, after a yummy dinner my Grandmother would have enjoyed (Kielbasa with garlic potatoes) I took 13 year old and 11 year old to A.C. Moore and then to the mall for some footwear.

To say the 13 year old was chatty would be an understatement along the lines of saying Joe Stalin wasn't such a nice guy. Or New Orleans got a little wet a few summers ago, or Al Qaeda doesn't like us too much, or the Mets aren't the best team in Baseball.

So after a fun evening where not a sign went unread, on both the road and in the mall, I heard all about the nutritionist who came to school and took over third and fourth period, so there was no math and science. I'm pretty sure that got a yay.

As we headed for the merge back onto the highway to head home, I was hit with a barrage of non-sequiturs until I could take it no more.

"I think you had too much sugar today. Between the slurpee, the winkies, the licorice, and who knows what else you had this evening, I think it made you hyper."

"Actually," came the very serious reply, "it was the potatoes. They convert to simple sugars, you know."

2 comments:

Doobie said...

that is so funny. You'd better watch out how many potatoes you give this girl!!

Dr. G. W. Greunkern said...

frightening, isn't it?