Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So? Was it a Hit?

OK, here's the deal with the salmon loaf. I love it, and it came out amazing. Plus I love that I made it in a real honest to goodness ceramic bake-ware pan, as opposed to those horrible, probably cancer causing aluminum throw away (to some) foil pans.

MBB loved it. He loved it so much he's having it for lunch with a horseradish mayonnaise on multi-grain bread (he finished the basil pesto sauce I made for him).

Eldest daughter was excited when she got home, and exclaimed that it's been so long since I'd made it.

All the others, as you well know, were busy belly aching. To assuage them for making whole wheat pasta, I made a fresh tomato sauce, which was a big hit.

So we sat at the table I gave everyone a small piece to start, and told them dessert would be forthcoming if they ate at least that small bit I gave them. So a lot of "pass the pasta, and pass the salad" ensued. A few of them venture a nibble or two.

Some background. The whole reason I made this dinner, was because the girls did not want a meat meal, but they had deli sandwiches for lunch. Being of Eastern European extraction that meant six hours, so a fish meal was the way to go.

Five year old was shouting: "It's disgusting! It taste like fish! It's fish!"

So I said: "It has so much other stuff in it. It has lemon juice, and bread crumbs and eggs and milk....."

We all froze, and burst out laughing. So those who needed it got a reprieve, and those who actually wanted to eat it, had it later. It's better cool anyway.

No one had dessert. They're all in bed now. More Ice Cream for me.

1 comment:

Doobie said...

So does this mean that after a few years it is back on the repetoire?