Friday, July 23, 2010

Peeves

I had a lovely lunch yesterday with one of my nieces. At one point I got up to get a straw, and I passed a table that had been vacated, but the plates were still there. On this plate were about ten or more pieces of cubed feta cheese and about that amount, or more, of black olives. Quite obviously the remnants of a Greek Salad.

WHY WOULD YOU ORDER A GREEK SALAD IF YOU DON'T LIKE FETA CHEESE OR BLACK OLIVES!!!!! This particular establishment explains all it's choices, so if you order a Mediterranean wrap you know you are getting eggplant accompanied by lettuce,tomato and onion, and flavored mayo. You can't order a Greek salad in this place and not know what's in it.

At least we got a nice chuckle out of it.

Later, I was driving to pick up some of my kids from day camp when I came up to an intersection with a red light. I was the second car there, and the first car had his left blinker on, but was hugging the right side of the road. Of course when the light turned green we all needed to wait until all the cars on the opposite side of the road drove through the intersection, and I, and all the cars behind me who were going straight, needed to wait because there was no way to get around this fellow until it dawned on him to eke up a little, and we were all able to squeeeze through.

Now, I don't mind waiting when necessary, but this was just silly. Why was he all the way on the right to make a left. This is not the first time I've seen this. Wouldn't you then need to make a wider turn across oncoming traffic? I believe you would, and that's no safer.

Inspired by Johnnie Cochran I came up with a little two line ditty reminder, but it's a family blog. The second line is: "Let everyone pass."

2 comments:

big sis said...

about the feta cheese: people are wasteful. I have had guests who take food and I have to throw out almost all of it. I know the whole thing of "eating it if you don't want it is also ba'al tashchis" but this woman in the restaurant was an idiot.
and she is probably related to the moron who doesn't know how to drive.

and rabbonim wonder why we blog- would they print MY comments in mishpacha magazine??

MBB said...

It's better to buy a Greek salad than to buy a Greek bond.