Monday, July 26, 2010

Biology

Sometimes, even at an age when you are sure you know everything there is to know about your family, there are surprises still in store.

I was recently speaking with my brother(the lawyer), and he started waxing on about a flashlight he wanted. I was surprised, as I had been in his house a few nights before and he showed me three new flashlights he had. New, as in addition to the ones he already possessed. One on his belt, one on his key chain, and one that can be best described as a flashlight slash weapon. It was huge and heavy. He says it's for the car, but for a guy who sleeps with a bat next to his pillow, I tend to think it's multi-purpose for him.

Naturally, I asked him why he possibly needed another flashlight, and he informed me, that the one he wanted was a three! pack, and it was not for him. He said it was for our father. I was a bit taken a back, and I asked if the man liked flashlights, to which he responded "haven't you seen the flashlights lined up on his dresser? He loves flashlights, we all love flashlights."

I guess I didn't get that gene.

1 comment:

G6 said...

It's more of a "gadget-y" gene and it's dominant.
You must have it on some level.
We all do....
It just expresses itself differently.