Monday, February 16, 2009

Glad She's Not My Wife

As I was browsing the web today, I came across a story about a YOUTUBE video that has become a huge hit. It's a story about a woman who freaked out when she missed her flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco. Freaked out is being kind. Very kind.

Anyway, I found an interesting article about this story linked from FOX NEWS. This story came from an Australian newspaper, and gave some background as to what had occurred to cause the meltdown. Basically, she shopped too much, got to the gate at the scheduled departure time (funny, she doesn't look Jewish), and was denied boarding since the doors were closed. They removed the luggage from the plane, and there was no way she was getting on. She did eventually get on a plane a few hours later, and I'm sure in the next few days we will hear more details, but until that time we can be as judgmental as possible.

Mainly, I was struck by something in the article.

The next flight took off just a few hours later, although the woman appeared not to be aware at the time of her emotional outburst that she would only face a delay of hours.


Whoa. Who hasn't done this? Of course I don't mean flail and scream on the floor of the airport bouncing around like a lunatic. No, I mean just completely overreact to a situation when the adrenaline starts pumping.

Don't know about the rest of you, but man, I hope this helps me take a step back.

Recording devices are everywhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

China's got 1.4 billion people. I guess one crazy isn't too bad