Friday, October 3, 2008

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes

So, the saga of the shoe...continues. Those of you who regularly read IcebegCarwash(thank you)know that I lost my baby's shoe. Well, I didn't lose it, she did. Either way it was lost. In a ridiculous way, since I retraced my steps and searched Mrs. E's lawn, the last place we had seen the shoe on Little -Miss- 18 month- old.

We scoured the house. We scoured the car. We looked high. We looked low. Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zippo. Zilch. Every morning I looked at the lone shoe sitting forlornly on my dresser. The one recurring thing from day one was what I said and almost everyone who knew about the lost shoe and I came in contact with said too: "As soon as you buy new shoes, you'll find the old one."

So I waited. And waited some more. I looked more, too. Finally, today, I said "Enough. I have a busy week next week, I have to get the shoes." So off I went, baby in tow, and got her a new pair of shoes. Similar to the old ones, just a different color (side note: on the way to the store I was speaking to my friend and I said "hey, should I get the same shoes?" She said, "No, you hated them!" Now, that's a bit of an exaggeration, I just didn't love them. One of my other kids had picked them out. The old ones were ok. The new ones are sooo cute)


When I got home, I put something away in the baby's room. You will not believe WHAT WAS SITTING ON THE DRESSER!!!! Her shoe. Right there just sitting on the dresser in her room. I could not believe it. But then I quickly looked in my room and saw that someone had just moved the shoe from my dresser to hers. Shwooh.

Anywho. That was at about 12:45 pm. Guess what happened at 4:00 pm. C'mon, C'mon, guess. I dare you!

Yup. Mrs. E called. She found the shoe. The shoe I lost on September 24. The shoe I looked everywhere for. The shoe that I resigned to be gone forever. The shoe that everyone said would be found when I bought a new pair.

So that's the saga of the shoe. Not to get too..I dunno, but the lesson I learned is the power of words. And I do believe they have power. EVERYBODY said the same thing. I said it too. I don't believe in coincidences. So there you have it.

Use your words for good. It matters. Really.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting in the pictures of the shoes! At least this way she had two pairs of shoes. She can match her outfits or her moods.

Anonymous said...

yum! that shoe is so cute! and it happens to me all the time, that whenever i give up and replace what i've lost, i find what i was missing.

except usually it's bobby pins or clips or pens

Anonymous said...

ok, I am a man and I couldn't open the two shoes side by side, but THEY ARE THE SAME!!!! How could one pair possibly be "ok" while the other is "soooo cute"?

Although, she could mix and match them. THAT would look cute!