Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just Call Me O. Henry

My fridge is not working. The repair guy, a super human being, really smart, really kind, the definition of integrity will be here soon. He is such a mentsch that I won't buy extended warranties because I'm not interested in having someone else come in and work on my stuff. (Also, MBB, the numbers man is against them, though I'm not sure if that's on some principle or a reasoned argument). This guy will always try to help you over the phone, and gives you tips that basically decrease his house calls, but he does it anyway.

The problem started yesterday, and he came, and adjusted the door, which hadn't been closing properly, and probably over taxed the motor (The Obama door!), and he showed me some things I could do, and said "let's see if this is enough," charged me for the minimum repair call, and told me to be in touch.

A few hours later there was no change. The fridge and freezer were no colder, and something had to happen. I called and he told me to take everything out of the fridge, turn it off for six hours, then turn it back on, and see what happened.

So last evening we emptied the freezer first, got rid of some things that have been in there for a few years (we sell that freezer for Pesach), put other things in the second freezer, and then got to work on the fridge. Some stuff went on the counter (condiments and fruit), some stuff went to my parents' fridge, and some stuff I really needed to have for the morning. Y'know the kids' lunches, milk,cream cheese...essentials.

Where's a micro fridge when you need one?

2 comments:

G6 said...

Hahahahaha......
You know what they say about making your words sweet b/c you may very well have to EAT them one day ;)
Hahahahahaha

related said...

lots of credit to you for being able to acknowledge, although a bit tongue in cheek, jthat even micro minnies have a purpose they can slso wait and serve! related