Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Broke the Rule

Every marriage has its own set of, for lack of a better word, I'll say RULES. Really more of a mutual understanding that certain actions are just not appreciated by the other spouse, and since there should be some modicum of affection between such spouses, each should respect the other's specific requests. You know, like "please don't invite your brother," type thing.

I alluded in a different post to a change in MBB's appearance. A change that necessitated the purchase of some new clothing, even though he really didn't want to buy anything. A well dressed man like him NEEDS to buy clothing when he looks like a hobo with his cinched pants, the only accoutrement missing a rope belt. No, not a braided belt, a ROPE belt.

Over the years I have learned that no matter how careful and particular I am about an article of clothing I purchase for him, I am just not particular enough. Did I notice that the polo has open sleeves, no I did not. Did it register that he doesn't like textured dress shirts, did I notice what type of collar or stitching, no, no I did not. Thus it was requested of me that I please not buy him clothing.

Ever.

So I didn't. For years and years.

However, I've been doing a lot of boy shopping lately, (my friend is not pleased with my choices, preferring I dress my 4 1/2 month old like a baby. Pffft. I love his newsboy cap and I bought him a tie today...though the latter may just be in my DNA), and MBB has become very easy to shop for. He's still particular, but he can wear anything, and now he has someone who can match him! How fun is that.

As much as I really respect his wishes, most of the time, I just could not resist. He probably would have done a better job, but at least now he can get up a little later in the morning, because he has something to wear.

Maybe the girls are rubbing off on him.

3 comments:

Doobie said...

i can't wait to see the pictures of the matching outfits?
Did you really buy him a tie?!

Kidnumberone said...

"Maybe the girls are rubbing off on him."
Yeah, I noticed you haven't worn your supposedly SALMON colored shirt for a couple months since some people voiced their utter disgust on your wearing a PINK shirt.

BROTHERlawyer said...

WHICH BROTHER???????