Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Did That Really Happen?

The few items that needed to be refrigerated and had the status of "essential," ended up in a cooler on the counter. It's amazing how much of what we keep in the fridge really doesn't need to stay in there.

The repair guy came, checked the compressor, and told me, basically, that I had cleaned my fridge for the garbage man. That was it. It was done. Finished. Kaput. Time to move on.

I got on the phone with an appliance company that I very much enjoy using, and had a nice discussion with the sales woman as to what my options were. Of course they don't make my exact fridge anymore, that would be too simple. They make just two models that are almost exactly what I had, but not. And the colors and the options available had also changed. Alrighty. Now I had to make decisions. I vacillated back and forth a few times, still unsure what to do. I weighed the pros and cons of each model, and just could not decide. I'm usually very good at BIG decisions like this, it's the small things (what to wear, what to order in a restaurant) that give me some pause.

As I am in the throes of full on indecision, the phone rings.

"Hi, is this F.....BB"

"Yes, it is."

"Hi I'm calling from Alliance Incorporated, we'd like to know if you would like an extended warranty on your refrigerator."

"Is that for the new fridge I'm about to buy, or is that for my fridge that just died?"

"uh....uh..."

"you picked the wrong day to call!!!"

I kid you not.

1 comment:

Married Neice said...

and you don't even have any pickles in the new fridge!!