Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SPLAT!

One of the hazards of living in the suburbs is road kill. As referenced in the previous post, the development in this area has gotten so bad, that the little furry creatures are more often amongst the vehicular creatures, and therefore end up squashed on the asphalt with their guts hanging out. OK, maybe that's a little dramatic, but really, I think there've been more animals lately.

Recently however, I and my daughter witnessed a carcass of sorts, one that may haunt her for a long time. We were walking along the sidewalk near our home, when she gasped.

Loudly. And clutched my arm.

I turned to where she seemed to be looking, to try, as a parent, to ascertain what had so affected my young teenager, and see if I could do anything to ease what was becoming a traumatic experience.. And then I saw it. Right in the middle of the road, its red liquid seeping from it. I could feel her body cringing at the sight of it.

She turned to me teary eyed and said:

"Why would anyone throw a SLURPEE in the street?"

1 comment:

Doobie said...

Everyone has there definition of horror!
But this is like shoes. How do they end up on the side of the road in the first place?!?