Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Poor MBB's Almanac

Yesterday, FBB was kind enough to procure me some chili from my favorite purveyor of said dish. It eventually served as the centerpiece of my dinner.

(You know that you're eating way too much when you refer to a part of your meal as the "centerpiece." It's almost as bad as using the words "plethora" or "sundry" when describing your repast).

Then, this morning, I awoke earlier than usual, as I had a (thankfully) rare early morning meeting.

Now, I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. (I've played a stock analyst on TV quite a few times, but that was more than a decade ago, and frankly, it's a boring story). However, even I know that mixing chili with insufficient sleep is a particularly dangerous combination.

With apologies to Ben (or "B-Dog", as he was known to his fellow Founding Fathers)Franklin, I submit the following tidbit of wisdom:


"Chili for dinner and waking too early,
Will render any man (or woman) rather surly."





It was still worth it.

2 comments:

Doobie said...

I do find at my age that any late eating (combined with little sleep) will make me (and others) unhappy. But at least you enjoyed the chili!

Anonymous said...

to comment 1 age has nothing to do with late eating and little sleep if that makes one unhappy then the converse must be true.
chili is only beans and they do tend to converse on various levels and places after eating it's not the beans that keep you up it's the melodies they play related