Friday, September 11, 2009

Say It Ain't So, Jaweed

I'll admit it. I'm a rather cynical guy. As a consequence, very little surprises me, especially as it pertains to tales of Man following his baser instincts, even to the detriment of himself and his fellow man.

However, there are some things that even I am not prepared to handle.

Yesterday, I read an AP story that said that a U.N.-backed fraud commission threw out some votes and ordered recounts in the recently-concluded Afghan elections.

Voter fraud? In Afghanistan?! That's unbelievable! Chicago? Sure. New York? I guess it could happen. But Afghanistan,a hotbed of prevarication?!

Is nothing sacred???

Wow. I never saw that coming. (Henry Paulson just called, to tell me that he didn't see it coming, either).

What's next? Reports of alleged political corruption in Mexico?


How depressing.You just can't trust anyone nowadays.

No comments: