Sunday, September 6, 2009

Now Summer Can End...If It Must...

There was one thing I wanted to do this summer. We did a lot of very nice, very summery things, but there was one particular thing that I just so badly wanted to do, but it wasn't working out.

Not all members of my family can participate in this activity, and when everyone was away (away at camp, or in day camp)I didn't want to leave the Cheese Eater to indulge. Maybe I should have. It has become almost an obsession that I desperately wanted to do this.

As the days of summer are slipping away rapidly, MBB insisted that I go today. At first I thought, I'd go with him, but I felt bad about leaving everyone on a glorious Sunday with school just three days away. He managed to convince m that he really wanted me to go and do this, and that he would be very productive at home (the succah is now up!). So I took the three big ones and drove twenty minutes down to the river.

We went Kayaking. It was stupendous. We didn't really venture into the heavy water, it was a little too choppy, but we traveled through a salt marsh leading to the river, and turned around right at the mouth of the mighty Hudson.




I'm so glad I did it. It just seems like such a summer activity, and since I kayaked with MBB in Key Largo in November, this was something I've wanted to do again. I really don't want to wait until next summer to try again...they're open until Columbus day.

Anyone want to come with me?

4 comments:

big sis said...

YES YES YES

on a friday a.m.

Doobie said...

I wish I wish I wish

fil said...

count me in

WOLFMAN said...

count me in