Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dig In

I just set out a Smorgasbord. It spans forty feet, and is colorful, smells delightful, and is very pleasing to the eye. There are different areas with different offerings, all set up in a slightly different configuration. There are different heights, and different arrays, but it all comes together nicely.

I'm expecting a crowd, but hoping they don't come. With their big eyes, and big mouths, just crowding around like they own the place.

I wonder if they watched me as I hauled and carried and got everything in place outside. Maybe they will let it sit for just a short while so that the beauty will not be short lived.

Maybe the bigger elements that have been showing up, will scare away the smaller more consistent eaters. One can only hope.

With their stand up ears and long noses, they prance over and just have their fill.

Stupid deer. Maybe I need a shotgun.

2 comments:

Doobie said...

i think there are flowers you can choose that the deer do not like (could be you won't like them either but at least then your hard work would not be for nothing)

Gun totin' relative said...

Since I seem to have (temporarily) solved my varmint problem, I might be able to help you out here....