Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Modern Disability

This morning I was cutting oranges for one of the kids to take to school. I cut some in quarters and some in slices, and she'll tell me tonight which way she likes it better. I often just "pre-peel" them by slicing off a round top, and then scoring the peel in sections down the sides, and then the kids eat it like a normal orange in wedges. Somehow, oranges taste different in these different forms, or so I am told.

In the course of the cutting, I, as I often do, sliced my finger. Specifically, my thumb. No big deal, a usual occurrence. My hands are so lined and creased I hardly notice the few extra marks I add each year. So I got a band-aid, placed it around the tip of my thumb and moved on with my day. Often a cut will hurt for a few minutes, or an hour or two, though this one hardly hurt at all, but there's a different problem....

Texting is taking forever because the band-aid is in the way, and I keep hitting the wrong keys!

Who'da thunk it?

3 comments:

eye roll sis said...

?? who'd a thunk that something on your thumb would impede texting? duh

FBB said...

It's like anything on your body. You don't notice it until it hurts. i guess when I opened the slide to start texting and kept hitting the "w" instead of the "e," it still took a few seconds to realize why. I certainly didn't think of it as soon as I put the band aid on. Then again, I don't text as much as some ;-)

adinurd said...

yeah, band aids are pretty annoying, but have you ever tried texting in gloves?? or fake nails??