Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Really CAN Make Other Things....

...and pretty well too.

In my family, and by family I mean extended family, which BH means lots and lots of people, I seem to be known for one dish. It's very delicious and all that, but I really not only CAN make other things, but I do make other things, both very well and better than this said dish.

The real kick in the head is that my mother, from whom I learned this dish makes it better than me, but do my cousins call her regularly with questions? I doubt it.

Does anyone care that I mad the most delicious ginger-onion short rib filled non gebrokts ravioli, without a recipe? Is anyone calling me for the apple-cranberry cobbler I made (from a recipe)? No. I get no calls for innovation or different recipes. I do on occasion get requests when people come to eat here, but generally the calls are all the same.

So if you come to Chez BlogBerg, we would love to have you, just understand if choose not to serve that potato salad.

7 comments:

G6 said...

I wonder if it's the same German style recipe (sans mayo) that my father z"l used to make.

He taught it to me, but I can never get it to taste quite as wonderful as his used to taste...

FBB said...

I could tell you, but then that would just put me back in the same trap I'm in now!!!!




(yes, mine has mayo)

FIL said...

my grandmother used to say that to make good potato salad you have to burn your fingers peeling the potatoes.

the trick is to make it when the spuds are hot. apparently the vinegar and oil penetrates the potatoes better that way

G6 said...

I think my father and FIL's grandmother attended the same cooking school.
That's how we do it too!!!
Hothothothotouchhotouchouchouch....Yummmm.............

FBB said...

I refuse to be drawn into this discussion!!!!

;-)

G6 said...

Ummm FBB.... I believe that you started it :P

FIL said...

my grandmother was his aunt