Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Girl Who Cried, What????

There are few things in this world I dislike as much as public bathrooms. Well, that's not always the case. The Lord and Taylor/Nordstrom ladies lounges are nicer than some bathrooms in private homes.

Well, we're toilet training here, and as much as I'd love to just stay home for a week, it's not 100% possible. So yesterday we went to the grocery store, and as much as I hate it, when she said "I need to..." off we went. Into the stock room, to the farthest dankest corner, through the supply closet with the floor waxer and other cleaning supplies, to the dimly lit pink (once upon a time) bathroom with two stalls. I avoided really looking at anything, lest I see what I really did not want to see, and let her do her thing. At least they had good soap and paper towels.

There are certain things they say are better not seeing how they are made. I believe it's sausages and laws. I would add to that anything associated with the way your food gets from wherever it comes from to the store shelves (or even in a restaurant, your plate). Blissful ignorance!! I'm all for it!

Poor planning on my part (I know, what a shock!!!)sent me back to the store today. At a certain point she again said "I need to...." This being day two of no diaper, I chose not to argue with her about how she went just before we left, and I took her back to the store bathroom.

Of course I was right, nothing doing. I just hope this doesn't become a habit every time we go to that store. I really would prefer not to take that little detour, into one of my least favorite places.

Unless she really needs to go.

1 comment:

Doobie said...

I do think it becomes a habit. there are certain stores (target comes to mind) that I saw the bathroom way too often. But for some reason grocery store bathrooms are the worst I think because they are never intended for the consumer to use, only employees...but still, eewh!