Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Busy, Busy

I feel like I can breathe soon.  Hopefully. All good things, and the summer seems to have started, but for me it sort of starts on Wednesday when the last of the sleep away campers leave. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

The eldest graduated high school, which was way more emotional then I thought it would be (for me, anyway).  She really has grown up. The kids have been around and alternately feverishly studying and getting "stuff for camp," which is really just a a way of getting stuff. When I was a little girl I played tent with my older sister. We always talked about what we had brought into the tent with us (mostly imaginary), I always had a ton of stuff. Even pretend, I liked to prepare for contingencies. So  I probably get them more then is really necessary.

Then, Thank the L-rd above, my niece got engaged so there was lots to do on that front, plus pack up the kids, two of whom left yesterday (staff), and two are leaving tomorrow.  Throw in a few weddings, normal daily stuff, (laundry, cooking, errands, shabbos),the kids who aren't going to sleep away camp, and what do you get?

LIFE!  In all its glorious busy-ness. I am thankful for every second.

4 comments:

Doobie said...

sounds like the summer is off to a good start!

daughtersintheparsha said...

nice and busy. B'H!!

Doobie said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SUMMER IS OFF TO A GOOD START.

wolfman said...

Ok doobie i think we all got it and agree.