Sunday, April 1, 2012

It Made Me Melt

Our friends at Guess Who's Coming to Dinner recently put up a post about Pesach finds.

Although the bracelet I have been missing for three years has still not made an appearance, and though I still have little kids in the house,what I found took me back in time.

We have a den off the kitchen, a room that needs to be well cleaned for Pesach, as the kids do eat in there. Various decorating changes and furniture additions has moved the place in the den where the kids color. But many moons ago, when we first moved in (14 years ago today),  they colored in a specific spot in the den, on a small table right next to the wall. I took the front off the baseboard heat to be able to vacuum it really well, and I hit the jackpot.

I found old memories, and thoughts of a simpler time, when the biggest thing the two big ones wanted was a Slurpee. Just a Slurpee, not  a Slurpee, and permission to take the car to go shopping and out with their friends.

I found a piece of the history of our house, a piece of their past, and a small area, inside the heat, that warmed my heart and made me smile:


3 comments:

wolfman said...

That's slurpee residue???

FBB said...

It's crayons! They fell into the heat and melted onto the element!

711 supporter said...

one of your two big ones still has the same simple request:
Can i PLEASE have a slurpee???