Sunday, March 11, 2012

Milestones

My daughter got her license this year.

She got into the Seminary of her choice.

She regularly uses a purse.

She took the SATs.

She does errands on her own.

She held down the fort  when MBB and I went away overnight.

She will get paid for working in camp this summer.

She enjoys a nice wine.

All milestones, all indicative of her getting older and more mature. But today, today is a milestone that is just making me tear up. Every time I think of it, I think of that moment after she was born, all swaddled in her blankets with a cute little hat, looking up at me. So serene, so peaceful, just looking at me with her big brown eyes, and then she blinked. Two big long blinks. She stole my heart.

Today seems to start a new chapter in her life, and by extension, ours as well.

Today she turns 18.

4 comments:

17 and counting said...

I literally got tears in my eyes reading this. well written and well said!

benny said...

relish the feelings of nostalgia,by number six it will feel like deja vu!

purse toter said...

IT IS NOT A PURSE!!!!!!!!
I believe the correct term is MESSENGER BAG.

Anonymous said...

This is beautifully written. What a lucky girl she must be.