Sunday, November 20, 2011

T'is the Season to Feel Pressure

I hate this time of year. I hate Black Friday, and Pre-Black Friday, and Pre-Pre Black Friday. It's too much pressure. Who has the best deal, when do they have the best deal, how early do you need to get it, what? you'd rather sleep than get this deal? Quite frankly? Yes. (honestly I'd rather sleep than do most things, but that may just be a function of  being a mother of an 18 month old who thinks he's a rooster, and teenagers who think they are bats).

It's almost like sitting on an airplane, no matter how much or how little you paid someone will tell you about the amazing deal they got.  A wise man once told me that the joy of money is not needing to always get the best deal, and I've tried to really internalize that.

So bring on the $2 crockpots and 3 cent towels, innundate me with $10 winter coats and tights for mere pennies. I will be strong. I may check online, but I certainly will not brave the crowds and fight the mobs to get my hands on items I don't really need.

I'll let my brother do that for me.




4 comments:

Doobie said...

i understand what you mean. It is like every year in my town when there is a citywide garage sale and people wait for weeks and score great deals. It gives me so much anxiety because I don't have the patience to look through other peoples garbage (or garages) and hope to get a great deal which i never actually seem to find, I only hear about them.

Doobie said...

I love the bit about your son the rooster and your daughters the bats!!!

fil said...

seems like you are a bear.

Worse on black friday is that you never get the super duper deal because who can stay up all night in the freezing cold to get a $400 computer for $50.00? Only a desperate person who probably has the money anyway.

overtired teenager said...

i like the comparison to roosters and bats except for the part that bats are gross hairy rodents! i can be a night owl though while your other teenagers fit the bat description!