Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feeling Old

I know, I know. The majority of our cherished followers and readers are in fact older than me. However, I'm still starting to feel old. Not because of my age. No, I'm comfortable getting older. The scary part, is that I am now the mother of a 16 year old.

I know many of you have kids and/or grandkids who are older than that, but this feels so significant. Maybe it's the impending driving, or maybe it's just the intense and vivid memory of her being a few minutes old wrapped in a blanket and a hat, and just placidly looking up and blinking at me.

I hope we continue to celebrate lots of milestones together, and as I rapidly age (the driving, remember?)I can't wait to experience each one with her, and the other girls.

2 comments:

G6 said...

Mazel tov to both you and your 16 year old.

And yes, it does continue exponentially and become more and more awe inspiring with each new milestone.

Hence my mantra - "Feel the moments".
You're off to a great start!

FIL said...

what we did to our partents our children will do to us. Driving, coming home late (at least now we have cell phones) devil may care attitudes.