Monday, December 2, 2013

Auto Incorrect!

***These are all rhetorical questions asked in the name of incredulousness****

Who decides on the words for auto-correct? Like why in heaven's name, is the word THALIDOMIDE even IN the auto correct dictionary! I mean, really? Does it come up that often?  AND AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THANK YOU????????? Thank you???? Is that not one of the most typed phrases in texting/email, whats's app, twitter, etc.?? It's THANK YOU, how could that be replaced by a word that was big forty years ago, and really not talked about that often anymore???

Cholera for Cholent I understand, on many different levels, but Thalidomide? Thalidomide? For Thank you???

Sheesh

4 comments:

adinurd said...

I sometimes think its better to turn auto correct off and just have misspelled words then have to figure out what my phone thinks I should be saying instead!

Lost and Found said...

Great post! I've wondered the same thing many atime. Very weird what they come up with.

haha said...

a friend of mine told me once that at least half of her texts are apologizing for or correcting her autocorrected texts :)

wolfman said...

I'm writing this comment with a voice to text feature on my phone its very interesting to see what they it comes up with it makes more mistakes probably would I make a mistake and then correct myself but that can be expected um I have a feeling it's going to come out okay.