Monday, December 3, 2012

We Have A Little "Situation" Here

Little Mr. Two Year Old is quite the creature of habit. So when we got to the Library early for story time today, he had time to do his second favorite thing there: use the water fountain. Normally he uses the fountain in the main section because story time is in a room off of there. So normally there is a stool. Lo and behold in the children's section he didn't need a stool since, well, it's the children's section.

So being relatively tall enough he worked the fountain on his own, and was no longer thirsty, but a bit wet. I looked for books for some of the kids, and we walked back to the main section to wait for the room where the program is held to open. There were some young adult soft cover books right outside the room, so I was able to look for more books while little man followed me.

And apparently started to unbutton his shirt.

I caught it before he got the whole shirt open, then as we stood on line to check out the books, he again made it almost all the way, but was thwarted before the final button.

Books checked out, program complete, we were off to New Jersey to pick up something a friend had ordered from Bloomingdales.  He really behaved, really well. At one point he wanted to walk, and I let him out of the stroller. As we were about to go outside I realized he was again one button away from strippage, and though it was pretty warm out, and neither he nor I had coats, I did not wish to be arrested for having a shirtless baby outside in the Northeast in December.

Crisis averted.

We did a few more errands, and ended up a few hours later at the Post Office.  ( He got confused and actually thought he would see the person we were mailing something to, it was quite cute). I waited on a very short line, and was reading the different rates on a paper a mere two inches from head. when I turned back to glance at the boy....

He was shirtless.

Completely.

On the day he wore no under shirt, he was standing in the Post Office in his jeans with some diaper sticking out. Through my laughter I managed to tell him that it could be a federal offense to strip in the Post Office, and the kindly woman behind the counter  yelled "Hey, you have to wear a shirt in the Post Office."  Giggling, he let me put it on, and as it was our turn I distracted him by putting him up on the counter and closing his buttons while he watched the transaction unfold.

This was a new one for me.

No comments: