Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Perspective

Perspective is something that can be gained in many different ways. You can go to Niagara falls and feel and comprehend the awesomeness of this world God has created. You can have hindsight after mistakes have been made, or even when things went the way you wanted them to.

Or you can speak to your sister.

Yesterday, we were discussing her 40th birthday, which was on Friday, while she was busy with the open house portion of her son's bar mitzvah. I asked if she would have liked more of a celebration. Her answer keeps ringing in my ears:

"I can't think of a better way to have spent that day. I was with every person who matters to me."

2 comments:

big sis said...

I agree. but of course diamond jewelry is always wonderful. and lasts longer than visits.

related said...

that is one person who has her values right very proud of you. all the people who were able to celebrate your birthday with you love you too related