Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Are My Kids Weird??

My kids are pretty good storytellers, and actually their fiction skills are great, and they do really well on all writing assignments.

So I am perplexed. From oldest to to the smallest (of those who go places)when they return home from a party, or play date or anything of that nature, and I ask "How was it? What did you do?" I am always answered the same way. Always. I guess it makes sense, just to me it seems obvious to the point of being unnecessary in the retelling.

They always begin with: "well, first we came...." That part I know about!! I'm almost always the one who brought them. This seems so odd to me, and when I point it out they argue, that that IS what happened.

Hmmph.

I guess as an adult the coming part isn't that exciting and neither is the milling around if nothing is really happening which COULD be what "first we came" means. I think not.

I think it means: First we came.

Le Sigh

1 comment:

Doobie said...

this is a whole lot better than the general standard childrens' answers: "Nothing" or "I don't know"!!!! At least your kids are creative